Scott Hoying

Friday March 21, 2008

On Friday, during the early afternoon, I changed my mind yet again and set out to pack for Iowa.

To shorten the story:

- Left at 3pm

- 4pm we are down the street from our house still due to a huge snow storm

- 5pm we are finally getting somewhere

- 6pm-9pm we drive WAY past the speed limit in our poor new Prius

So 9pm rolls around, and it turns out we missed the damn show! UGH!! Thankfully the kind people over at the Sondheim Convention Center allowed us to stage some shots.

I’ve been working with the Scott and his amazing family for about 2 years without ever meeting in person, so before arriving I was a bit nervous.

When I arrived, I was so focused on getting the shots done, that it took me a few minutes to realize I had just met everyone in my Oscar Mayer PJ pants!


Before starting the session, I assumed my tardy arrival would limit our time, and that Scott would sing one song and we would hurry on out. I’m not only relieved but also impressed to say that I not only had a 20 minute private show, but also some extra time to receive free water while mingling with the owners.

Originally we had planned to stay at a hotel to make a mini-trip out of the situation, but I was so pumped and stressed about prepping for the Milwaukee that we just drove home that night. Needless to say we got home VERY late!








Currently Single

Track To Catch : Insane For Your Love

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    These pictures are amazing.
    Particularly the one with Scott's hands and the piano keys.
    Like the perspective
    Love the lighting
    You have major talent
    I look forward to seeing more pictures from upcoming shows
    And where your talent will lead you.
    "You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind."
    Your photography talents will take you far.

Post a Comment